Never give up …. Insights
We learned a lot about this show. We had heard how well vendors had done from some friends. But they left out a few details about the show.
- Black Friday is not usually busy because we have a local Civil War football game. However we did have $163.oo in sales
- Saturday reported by the vendors we spoke to, was a day of a lot of looking. Customers just were not buying. Marie wanted to try” Buy 1 get 1 half off ” sale. We did this for 2 hours. It was not my jewelry , not my pricing, it was just the customers were not buying .We did sell two earrings in a bottle.
- Sunday was a very bad day for me, as I could not go to the show because of IBS issues. On the good side Duane made the first sale of the day for $43.00. They made more sales in the morning and then afternoon nothing. Today Duane and Marie tried a different approach ” 25% off” sale. Made a little difference but the crowds were not there.
- We find out later that day that Next weekend is the busiest. Friday is a day where they get in free with canned foods. So we will get the seniors and the moms with kids in school, I am told. Saturday should be based on the past busier. And Sunday the last day is usually the busiest as customers are expecting sales from vendors that want to unload their inventory.
- A vendor next to my sisters booth is selling wire style jewelry that is .999 silver but not sterling. She has signage that states for example necklaces $39 – $69. Even though each piece is priced. She also states that no handwritten signs everything should be printed and in a sign holder. Looks more professional she says. She was apparently doing ok. But other jewelry vendors were having sales like us.
We have moved the bottle earrings down to table level as that seems to be were everyone was looking at them. We had them in two heights. So we changed that Saturday and basically put all earrings on one table. We have necklaces and bracelets on the other table.
I am going to move the glass shelves to the side isle and the earrings and bracelets to the front isle. The necklace will stay where they are. Still thinking about this approach have not talked to Marie to see what she thinks.
Marie did go over and help my sister who was also having sale issues. Marie changed her look as she was also on a corner selling her bags, to a diagonal look. Kathy would have her back to the corner. Well must have worked as she made $120 in sales. Her best day. Thank you Marie for helping my sister too. I am very blessed to have Marie and Duane and the girls in my corner as well.
I had two customers tell me my jewelry is perfect for Baby Boomers who have the money. They thought I had well made , good designs, and beautiful jewelry. They said I needed someone to help me Market my line and that I should go on Shark Tank and go on QVC. I told them I had my jewelry in two salons. They said nopexpo that is not the right place for my jewelry. They were so cute and you could see the wheels turning as they thought this all out.
Our daughters Elizabeth and Amanda have not sold any of their earrings for $5.00. But no one has even looked at them. David has sold 2 of his Mind Craft creeper key chains. He has made $10.00.
That is all I have from this weekend of learning about a big show in Portland at the Expo Center. I know it is not me, my prices, or my jewelry. It is just the venue. So I am praying that they are right and that the final weekend is the best of show. To date we have made a total of $268.00.
Never Give Up! is our motto for Howling Dog Jewelry.
Thanks for visiting my blog and reading my story of the Big Show.